Monday, September 24, 2007

it's monday - already.

Once again, the weekend has ended and the work week has begun. I'm going into this week refreshed from a weekend trip to Madison. While the weekends are fun here, it is always nice to find an excuse to get off campus and see new faces. This weekend my excuse was my friend Jenny's birthday.

In Beloit style, this excursion was shoddily put together about three hours in advance. We didn't really know where we would stay, what we would do, and who we would be joining us. By five o'clock, however, we managed to fill the car with five people and find a place to stay with a friend of a friend. Only being about an hour and a half drive away, we arrived in Madison and finished our dinner just as the Madison football fans filed out of the Iowa vs. Wisconsin game being played that night. Pushing through a sea of red Badger t-shirts, I found myself thankful for living in a multi-colored world. We meandered through the streets, saw the sights, and inevitably ended up on a porch having heated discussions about everything from favorite crayola crayon colors (personally, mine is macaroni) to the positives and negatives of capitalist systems. Surprisingly enough, the latter was the more heated of the conversations. Next thing we knew, the sun was rising and it was time to catch a couple hours of sleep before returning back to Beloit. The trip back was pretty mundane. I kept myself busy reading a Supernatural/Myth Encyclopedia that we picked up somewhere along the way.

Once I was back in Beloit, the realization that Monday was quickly approaching led me to the library - where I spent most of my evening. Now, the week has started and I will be facing my toughest week so far this year. Spanish test. Spanish paper. Astronomy quiz. Astronomy paper topic due. Social Stats project. Poli Sci paper topic due. Whew, I'm tired after just reading the list. On a positive note, next weekend will be even better knowing that I accomplished SO much in just five days.

No comments: